Sunday, October 25, 2009

Movember is almost upon us

26th of October 2009: Day 1.

As you can see I am already sporting some ice-cold designer stubble. I will be shaving the rest off tomorrow and just leaving the Mo.

I know I am a massive cheater. The rules say you are supposed to start growing the mo at the start of November.

The organisers, I think, failed take into account those of us who have the pathetically sparse facial hair of a 13-year-old choir boy. A month is nowhere near long enough for us.

Those hairless patches on my face are not, as you might have thought, the result of careful grooming. They are, and always will be, follicularly challenged.

If my face was a hair-growing field it would be about as fertile as the Gobi Desert. So I am cheating just a tiny bit and it's for charity and the end justifies the means, so there.

I am going to have to buy myself a pair of those little Mo trimming scissors so I can sculpt it into a dashing design.

If left to grow wild my facial hair goes sort of frizzy and curly and looks a lot like the hair from another part of my body, not my head.

This is what foiled my attempt, last year, to grow a pirate beard while travelling around south-east Asia. Oh, how my girlfriend hated the pirate beard!

I, however, was gutted when I was forced to shave it off on my return home. I had to get a job and who'd hire me looking like a deranged hermit who'd stumbled accidentally back into civilisation?

I do have a nice memento of it. I had to renew my driving licence and it makes me smile every time I'm asked for I.D.

We'll see how my moustache growing goes but if it's as spectacularly bad as my pirate beard I'm going to look pretty silly very soon.

All I have to do now is get some people to sponsor me or maybe even join me in the good fight. It would be awesome if I had a team of moustachiod men marching alongside me.

There are full details on my Movember page which will hopefully get a bit more interesting as I add things to it. And of course you can make a donation too if you feel like it.








4 comments:

kirakot said...

Ciao Glyn!

How are you?

Nice to hear about your story and you'r ego mania as blogger... I totally agree!

keep me up-date!

Hug,
Kira & Mattia

weebruce said...

cousy bro, i'm on it. ... just have to figure out how to use the interweb and i'll ahve matching photos. I think i'll go for the whole beard idea until my bum fluff facial hair looks more manly. Otherwise i'll be like micjey from east belfast - adidas tracksuit and earring the only thing missing.

Matt Sherry said...

Good look with this mate - get plenty of money raised. And get more people in the class supporting this. I would but unable to grow a tash.

Diamond Supercool said...

If your tache makes you look anywhere near as attractive as your pink jeans, expect me to be creeping up on you one night very soon...